It’s everyone’s favourite time of year! Daylight savings! Okay… that could be a slight overstatement. But it is the “fall back” time of year where we supposedly get an extra hour of daylight. Or more aptly known for getting an extra hour of drinking and partying at the pub. Amirite?
Here’s what I’m doing with my “extra hour” today:
1. I’m continuing to nurse a two-day hangover, acquired on Halloween night. I definitely lived up to my costume- Holly Golightly. I played the charming, party girl that night and payed for it the next day- regrets and headaches. Oy! I might be getting too old to drink like I’m 20 years old. Time for this ol’ girl to give this liver a much needed rest.
2. Listening to the Mood Booster playlist on Spotify. Already I’ve heard The Jackson 5, Presidents of the United States of America, Pharrell, Fleetwood Mac, and the list goes on. Great music to wash dishes to… which brings me to my next point.
3. I’m giving my apartment a long overdue cleaning and organizing. I’ve been a bit slack on the keeping things in their places these days. That’s what happens when you live alone, no one to complain that you left your hair dryer on the floor again or that yarn is literally EVERYWHERE.
4. I’ve been laughing my ass off at this site today- this really is the worst cat.
5. Finally, I’m taking the time to brew some real coffee today. Boy, do I need it. On weekdays I usually make a single cup in the Keurig with the reusable cup. It’s fast and convenient for someone who hates getting ready to leave the house. But, when I have the time, I like to use the good beans- I’ve been using these from Fernwood Coffee. Once you buy decent beans… nothing is quite the same. Today I brewed a couple cups in the Bodum French Press and drank it out of my huge Le Creuset mug. Ahhh. Simple pleasures.
Hope you’re all enjoying your Sunday. What are you doing with the extra hour?